, , ,

Question: What action can I take of someone has trademarked my original artwork without permission? The work is my personal artwork and was not created as work for hire. There was no contract or implied transfer of rights.

ANSWER: If it is artwork that was taken, you are probably dealing with copyright rather than trademark. An initial step is to send a cease and desist letter. Another step is to register your copyright.